The Beverly Levy Early Learning Center is located on the JCC Campus in Woodbridge, Connecticut, and provides high quality programs for children ages three months through five years in a supportive, nurturing environment that promotes their social, emotional, physical and cognitive development. Our play-based curriculum encourages experimentation, problem solving, logical thinking and cooperative learning, as well as the assimilation of values, development of social skills, and positive self-concept. Children explore, create and build in an enriched and stimulating learning environment. The Beverly Levy Early Learning Center is fully licensed by the State of CT. Children and families of all religious and cultural backgrounds are welcome in our programs.
We currently have the need for an energetic Preschool Teacher to join our team of early childhood educators.
- Candidates must love children and be warm, nurturing, patient and flexible with a willingness to learn
- Bachelors preferred, but minimum Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education will be considered
- Minimum one year experience in classroom
- Serve as a positive role model to children and ensure all interactions are loving and constructive
- Must demonstrate an ability to work in an active school environment
- Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with fellow teachers to ensure a smooth, well ordered classroom
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Must ensure all interactions regarding the children to their parents and co-workers are both professional and confidential
- Should maintain a professional demeanor and appearance, and be able to represent a positive public image of the JCC
- Physical ability to perform the needed functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Must be able to lift and carry children with ease and have the ability to sit on the floor for prolonged periods of time and to get up and down with ease
Position Description and Requirements:
- Responsible for the general supervision and management of the classroom
- Work with the classroom team to maintain an inviting and warm physical environment
- Pursue knowledge in the fields of early childhood education and
- Work with the classroom team to plan and implement curriculum to support Beverly Levy program goals and philosophy
- Must have strong team building skills
- High ethical professional standards and multi-cultural perspective
- Communicates with the parents and supporting teachers about the children’s activity and day
- Work with the classroom team to prepare and conduct semi-annual conferences
- Adhere to the regulations required of the license granted by the State of CT
- Attend workshops and conferences for professional development on an ongoing basis
- Attend mandatory staff meetings scheduled three times a year
- Attend all Beverly Levy Open Houses
- Assist in the planning and attending Beverly Levy school and classroom events
- Possess or have a willingness to obtain child/infant First Aid, CPR and medication training as required by the state of CT
This is a full time position, Monday – Friday. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Also included is a generous benefit package including a membership to the JCC. References are a must and background checks will be conducted.
The JCC/Jewish Federation of Greater New Haven is a non-denominational, EEO/AA employer. We encourage individuals of all faiths and backgrounds to apply.
Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.
Qualifications: Associate's Degree and 0-2 years of experience.