SPECIAL REPORT - Charleston
Federations joined with mourners across the country following the tragic shooting that left nine dead at a Charleston, SC church. The director of the Federation-funded Secure Community Network warns about the increase in hate crimes over the past 10 years. The Charleston Jewish Federation joined with their community in grieving for the victims and their families.
- The Forward – Charleston Jews join vigil for church shooting victims
- NBC4 New York – "We cannot make it like a fortress”: Houses of worship must be welcoming but protected, security experts say
- Charleston Jewish Federation – Our family stands with yours
An annual study shows that Americans donated over $350 billion to charity in 2014, the highest total in the report’s history. American Jewish actor Michael Douglas accepts the second annual Genesis Prize in Jerusalem.
- eJewish Philanthropy – Giving USA: Americans donated an estimated $358.38 billion to charity in 2014; highest total in report’s 60-year history
- JTA – Michael Douglas salutes son, famous dad in accepting Genesis Prize for Jewish commitment
Meanwhile, Federations are featured in Los Angeles, Boston, Orlando, Pittsburgh and Portland.
- Jewish Journal – Fundraising program for day schools meets goal
- Boston Globe – $3 million scholarship fund to aid special-needs students at Jewish day schools
- Orlando Sentinel – Lawmakers pack state budget with Central Florida projects
- The Jewish Chronicle – For SHJP, new Federation initiative is all about connection
- Portland Business Journal – Jewish groups combine to fortify family services roster
Please login to leave a comment