by Deb Gaudette Federation Programming Development Manager
We are excited to be preparing for our Third Annual Mitzvah Day being held on Sunday, April 7, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. This year, we have several inspiring projects for participants to choose from.
In addition, this year, while we will be having several events here at the JCC, we are also branching out and doing some off-site projects with our Mitzvah partners in other locations. Look for opportunities to do activities on the shoreline at Camp Laurelwood or in downtown New Haven at The Towers. We will also be doing our good work at Temple Emanuel and B’nai Jacob.
The following are just some of the wonderful activities planned throughout Greater New Haven:
• Cereal collection for Jewish Family Service
• A gently used children’s book collection brought to us by PJ Library
• Packing food bags at Jewish Family Service
• Downtown Evening Soup Kitchen meal preparation at the JCC
• Making napkin holders for area nursing homes and The Towers
• Wall painting at the cemetery on Jewell Street
• “Pop up” Craft Making, including painting inspirational messages and pictures on stones, and Make your own Bookmarks with PJ Library
• Create a video message of your own “Mitzvah Moment” at the JCC. This is just a sampling of the events and locations that promise to make for a great community event!
Stay tuned for more information on where and when these exciting activities are happening and how you can register for those that will require registration. Come “mitzvah” with us and make a difference! For more information, contact Debby Gaudette at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (203) 387-2424, x206.