Jewish Family Service of Greater New Haven is planning an Infant Adoption Homestudy Group.
Homestudy courses are offered by JFS periodically throughout the year for families interested in adopting infants and younger children. This group helps families prepare to be parents and to decide what types of adoption to pursue. As part of a homestudy group, participants must attend all sessions and prior registration is required. Some of the topics this group will address include:
- How adoption is the same/different from parenting by birth
- What the adoption experience is like for birth parents
- Coping with adoption and the child’s cultural background
- How to help children understand adoption and feel good about their heritage
- How to handle the technical details of different types of adoption
To learn more about the adoption process, contact Amy Rashba at (203) 389-5599 x113 or arashba@jfsnh. org. Families of all ethnic and religious backgrounds are welcome.