Digital Storytelling Adventure
San Diego-Tijuana Border with a Jewish Focus
July 8-14, 2019
• Attend Shabbat services on the beach with local Synagogue
• Explore Old Town San Diego
• Savor multi-cultural fusion gourmet cuisine
• Photograph iconic landscapes: Chicano and Friendship Parks
• Engage in a Q & A with a Border Patrol agent at the border wall
• Walk bordered beaches in Tijuana and U.S.
• Work with Jewish Family Services of San Diego’s Rapid Response
Network/Visit NGOs helping deported veterans and asylum-seekers
• Meet local activists: Madres Y Familias Deportadas En Acción
• Visit the bi-national garden “Friendship Park” in Playas, Tijuana
• Understand NAFTA: visit maquila factory complex and workers’
• Support social enterprises of Mixtec indigenous artists
• Shop colorful mercados (Outdoor artisan markets).
How much does it cost?
$1,995.00 (not including travel to San Diego)
Includes: Hotels, meals, pre- and post-trip educational instruction, service
learning project, admission fees, 24/7 emergency support, travel insurance.
*Price does not include travel to San Diego
April 8, 2019
For questions, please contact:
Joy Elizondo, Program Manager
Peace Works Travel